Zoom Conference at 7:00pm: (Note date change!) Our first Zoom meeting will feature a wonderful slide presentation by member Carol Huggler, showing the unique landscapes, geology and flora of Newfoundland, including some very special endemic species. In 2018, Carol Huggler and her husband Ken attended the NARGS annual conference in St John’s, Newfoundland. After the conference they took part in the special tour organized by Todd Boland to the western peninsula of Newfoundland, which has unique geology and plants much different from those seen in the rest of the province. Carol has a background in art and horticulture and has been a CRAGS member for a long time. If you recall her earlier slide shows, the rocks are just as prominent as the plants! Members will receive an emailed invitation to this meeting which will start at 7:00pm.
- Thursday April 8 2021: Yaro Horachek on “Steppe and alpine seed hunting in Central Asia”
- Thursday March 11 2021: Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed/Ben Hartney on Native Plants for the Calgary Alpine Garden
- Thursday Feb 11 2021: Matt Mattus on “Botanizing in the Land of the Blue Poppy”
- Thursday, Jan 21, 2021: AGM plus Garden Photos from 2020
- Thursday Nov 19 2020: Carol Huggler on Barrens and Bogs: Plant Hunting in Newfoundland