The Plant Sale will be held outdoors this year. Please see the Plant Sale Page. Everyone is welcome!
Join Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed a botanist and co-owner of ALCLA Native Plants for an evening Zoom talk about native plant identification. For each species presented, you will learn key features that are required for accurate identification, including features that are...
Rob Staniland will instruct a 2-part workshop on building rock features. As part 1, he will give a Zoom talk to participants. Workshop details including a revised date will be announced when Covid-19 restrictions on outdoor gatherings change to allow more than 5...
Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS) is a group interested in growing alpine plants in Calgary’s challenging climate. Alpine plants are perennials found near or above the tree line in mountainous areas.
Why garden with rock and alpine plants?
- compact size means more variety in a small space
- hardy plants, well-suited to Calgary’s climate
- unique and diverse plants from the mountain regions of the world
- small troughs or large crevice gardens can be showcases
- native plants support pollinators
- use of rocks and alpine plants is inspired by nature
Join CRAGS and learn from interesting speakers about plants, garden design, and travel by plant-lovers, enjoy workshops to advance your gardening skills, be inspired by local garden tours (members only), get friendly advice and support, and make new friends in a small club.