Calgary rock gardeners will present photos and discuss five to ten of their favourite rock garden plants. Find out what grows well in Calgary and how to grow it.
We will announce a speaker and topic for this meeting in the near future.
The Caucasus mountains of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are home to some of most beautiful species of mountain plants in the world. With the ever expanding Alpines Of The World plant collection at Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, the Caucasus collection was the next place...
Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS) is a group interested in growing alpine plants in Calgary’s challenging climate. Alpine plants are perennials found near or above the tree line in mountainous areas.
Why garden with rock and alpine plants?
- compact size means more variety in a small space
- hardy plants, well-suited to Calgary’s climate
- unique and diverse plants from the mountain regions of the world
- small troughs or large crevice gardens can be showcases
- native plants support pollinators
- use of rocks and alpine plants is inspired by nature
Join CRAGS and learn from interesting speakers about plants, garden design, and travel by plant-lovers, enjoy workshops to advance your gardening skills, be inspired by local garden tours (members only), get friendly advice and support, and make new friends in a small club.