Members only are invited to our annual fall plant sale featuring alpines, bulbs, and conifers. This is an outdoor, physically distanced event for which you must pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back for events in 2020-2021, as we are exploring alternative presentation and workshop formats for our members that respect physical distancing and other safety measures.
Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS) is a group interested in growing alpine plants in Calgary’s challenging climate. Alpine plants are perennials found near or above the tree line in mountainous areas.
Why garden with rock and alpine plants?
- compact size means more variety in a small space
- hardy plants, well-suited to Calgary’s climate
- unique and diverse plants from the mountain regions of the world
- small troughs or large crevice gardens can be showcases
- native plants support pollinators
- use of rocks and alpine plants is inspired by nature
Join CRAGS and learn from interesting speakers about plants, garden design, and travel by plant-lovers, enjoy workshops to advance your gardening skills, be inspired by local garden tours (members only), get friendly advice and support, and make new friends in a small club.