Individual and Family Membership
August 2020 update: Because of our temporarily reduced schedule of activities, our members for the 2019-2020 membership year will have their memberships renewed for free for one more year. New members who join from Sep 2020 thru June 2021 will be charged reduced membership fees of $20 for individuals and $25 for families.
Prior to August 2020, CRAGS annual membership fees were CDN$35.00 for an individual or CDN$40.00 for a family. Our membership year is from October 1 to September 30.
Pay your membership fee online below using PayPal, in person at a meeting by cash or cheque, or by mailing a completed membership form (download the Adobe Reader document) and cheque to the address on the membership form.
If paying online, you can use your credit card on the PayPal site by clicking “Pay with a credit of Visa Debit card” at the bottom of the PayPal page, or use your PayPal account.
One Year Family Membership—$25 + $1.06 credit card processing fee = CDN$26.06
One Year Individual Membership—$20 + $0.91 credit card processing fee = CDN$20.91
Benefits of membership in the Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS)
- Monthly meetings: Until the pandemic is over, we will have presentations using video conferencing. Featuring local and international speakers. Socialize with others sharing your interest in alpine plants, and have a chance to win great raffle prizes.
- Workshops: In spring 2021 we will explore some outdoor workshop ideas where we can be in compliance with public health orders. For gardeners of all experience levels.
- Library: Temporarily unavailable. Access to Southern Alberta’s most extensive (and still growing) lending library of books on alpine and rock gardening. The library includes Rock Garden Quarterly, the bulletin of the North American Rock Garden Society (NARGS), as well as newsletters from other NARGS chapters.
- Garden Tours: Where we can be in compliance with public health orders, April through July, CRAGS members will be invited to open their gardens for viewing. An opportunity to admire the work of other CRAGS members, and get tips and ideas!
- Plant Sale: Everyone Welcome! Held at the end of May or early June each year. Click here for more details.
Donations to CRAGS are gratefully received. As we are not a registered charity we cannot issue receipts for tax purposes.