Shawn Hillis will show us some of the wonderful species and hybrid Lady-Slipper Orchids that will grow in our area, and discuss how to plant and care for these gems in Calgary gardens. For over a decade, Shawn has operated his nursery Garden Slippers in Calgary, specializing in hardy orchids, particularly Cypripedium. Among other awards, the Canadian Orchid Congress has honoured Shawn with a career achievement award for his efforts in bringing these plants into cultivation. For non-members, this talk is $5.
- Thursday, April 12, 2018: Julia Corden (Scotland) “Plants of Wengen and the Bernese Oberland”
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: Rob Staniland “So you want to build a rock garden in Calgary …”
- Sun May 6, 2018: Workshop on Propagation Methods
- Thursday May 10, 2018: Jay Akerley (Vancouver) “Western Cordillera Plants for the Western Canadian Garden”
- Sat May 26, 2018: Workshop on Styrofoam Trough Building