We would love to see our fellow members’ photos from the last year or two, or your mini-talk about a garden topic! If you’ve had some great hiking or travelling, please show us the wildflowers and scenery. If you have a favourite garden plant or technique, please...read more
More details to follow, but given Stephanie’s deep interest in all types of irises, this is sure to be a beautiful presentation.read more
Join us at 6:30pm for CRAGS' annual potluck. After that, Patti O'Keefe and Shirley Kabeary will show us photos from their 2019 to various nurseries and rock gardens in the Vancouver area.read more
Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS) is a group interested in growing alpine plants in Calgary’s challenging climate. Alpine plants are perennials found near or above the tree line in mountainous areas.
Why garden with rock and alpine plants?
- compact size means more variety in a small space
- hardy plants, well-suited to Calgary’s climate
- unique and diverse plants from the mountain regions of the world
- small troughs or large crevice gardens can be showcases
- native plants support pollinators
- use of rocks and alpine plants is inspired by nature
Join CRAGS and learn from interesting speakers about plants, garden design, and travel by plant-lovers, enjoy workshops to advance your gardening skills, be inspired by local garden tours (members only), get friendly advice and support, and make new friends in a small club.