Jiri will talk about the design and cultivation of alpines in various types of rock gardens, and also about his experiences with Daphnea .read more
The presentation will cover some of the unique flora along the coast of Western Australia from the Pilbara in the north to Perth in the south.read more
Calgary Rock & Alpine Garden Society (CRAGS) is a group interested in growing alpine plants in Calgary’s challenging climate. Alpine plants are perennials found near or above the tree line in mountainous areas.
Why garden with rock and alpine plants?
- compact size means more variety in a small space
- hardy plants, well-suited to Calgary’s climate
- unique and diverse plants from the mountain regions of the world
- small troughs or large crevice gardens can be showcases
- native plants support pollinators
- use of rocks and alpine plants is inspired by nature
Join CRAGS and learn from interesting speakers about plants, garden design, and travel by plant-lovers, enjoy workshops to advance your gardening skills, be inspired by local garden tours (members only), get friendly advice and support, and make new friends in a small club.