Based on Rob’s experiences with his own gardens, his incessant questioning of many other local gardeners, and also experiences at the recent crevice garden project in Silver Springs, Rob will talk about materials and techniques specific to Calgary. He will cover planning, styles, costs, materials, and construction, all aimed at dealing with the particular requirements of rock garden plants. For non-members, this talk is $5.
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: Rob Staniland “So you want to build a rock garden in Calgary …”
- Thursday, April 12, 2018: Julia Corden (Scotland) “Plants of Wengen and the Bernese Oberland”
- Thursday May 10: Jay Akerley (Vancouver) “Western Cordillera Plants for the Western Canadian Garden”
- Thursday June 14 Yaro Horachek “Seed Hunting in Kyrgystan with Czech Friends”
- Thursday Sep 13 Chris Gardner(UK) “Alpine Plants of the Silk Road”