Based on Rob’s experiences with his own gardens, his incessant questioning of many other local gardeners, and also experiences at the recent crevice garden project in Silver Springs, Rob will talk about materials and techniques specific to Calgary. He will cover planning, styles, costs, materials, and construction, all aimed at dealing with the particular requirements of rock garden plants. For non-members, this talk is $5.
- Thursday May 10, 2018: Jay Akerley (Vancouver) “Western Cordillera Plants for the Western Canadian Garden”
- Sun May 6, 2018: Workshop on Propagation Methods
- Thursday, April 12, 2018: Julia Corden (Scotland) “Plants of Wengen and the Bernese Oberland”
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: Rob Staniland “So you want to build a rock garden in Calgary …”
- Sat May 26, 2018: Workshop on Styrofoam Trough Building