Julia Corden is Manager of the Explorers Garden in Pitlochry, Scotland, which specializes in the plants brought from around the world and introduced into horticulture by such explorers as Menzies, Douglas, Lyall, and Forrest. Julia trained at the Edinburgh Botanical Gardens, achieving her diploma in horticulture. Following work in New Zealand, plant hunting travels through Hawaii, Delhi and Bangkok and restoration work on an East Sussex estate, she returned to Scotland to take over management of Explorers. She also leads botanical tours and explores for plants in many areas, most recently Bhutan. For non-members, this talk is $10.
- Thursday, Jan 11, 2018: Annual Potluck Supper, and Irena Burns “Czech International Rock Garden Conference”
- Thursday, February 11, 2018: Members’ Photo Night
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: Rob Staniland “So you want to build a rock garden in Calgary …”
- Thursday, April 12, 2018: Julia Corden (Scotland) Topic TBA
- Thursday, November 9: Annual General Meeting, followed by Shawn Hillis “Cypripedium Culture”