Come visit the Botanical Gardens of Silver Springs on Sunday May 27, 2018 at 1 pm for a Spring Celebration. The highlight this year is the official opening of the Alpine Crevice and Native Plants Gardens, which were built in strong collaboration with CRAGS and the BGSS (Botanical Gardens of Silver Springs). The two new gardens were built with over 800 volunteer hours in two years, using tons of sandstone and some 450 plants representing over 115 species. There will be garden guides, entertainment, dignitaries, and refreshments. The ceremonies will take place on a grassy area just below the new gardens. Please refer to the map at bgss.ca, the new gardens are number nine. We hope to take a group picture of everyone that helped build the two new gardens.
- Thursday May 10, 2018: Jay Akerley (Vancouver) “Western Cordillera Plants for the Western Canadian Garden”
- Sun May 6, 2018: Workshop on Propagation Methods
- Thursday, April 12, 2018: Julia Corden (Scotland) “Plants of Wengen and the Bernese Oberland”
- Thursday, March 8, 2018: Rob Staniland “So you want to build a rock garden in Calgary …”
- Sat May 26, 2018: Workshop on Styrofoam Trough Building