Mike Bone has been with the Denver Botanic gardens since 2002 where he has focused on the study of plants of the steppe regions of the world and their adjacent mountain ranges. Mike has travelled to Central and Middle Asia, Southern Africa, and extensively throughout the American west to collect seed and study the plants and ecology of the steppes. When not travelling Mike oversees the Steppe Garden, trial gardens, plant breeding, and propagation of wild collected material brought into the gardens. Mike has worked with Plant Select® and is an enthusiastic gardener and collector of plants. He has written articles for several gardening journals and is a contributor for 6 books published through the Denver Botanic Gardens including Steppes: The Plants and Ecology of the World’s Semi-arid Regions.
- Friday Nov 29 2019: CRAGS Garden Information Session #1
- Thurs Nov 14, 2019: AGM, and Stephanie Ferguson on “Pleasing the Steppe Desert Iris”
- Thurs Oct 10, 2019: Members’ Photo Night
- Thursday Sep 12 2019: Lawrence Harder on “Functional Beauty: How Flowers Work”
- Sat June 22, 2019: Reader Rock Garden, Plant Sale and Stroll